More canon reminders, because I’m in a mood:
- Zatanna’s mother, Sindella, was just as if not more powerful than Zatara as she was a full blooded Homo Magi witch.
- Buddy Baker once hosted a children’s TV show in the DCU so that he could spread animal awareness. He is consistently getting work on the side as a stunt man in TV & movies and was famous before he was a superhero.
- Buddy Baker also canonically suffers from depression and anti-depressant dependency. He often has breakdowns when his wife and kids are separated from him.
- Big Barda was based on Jack Kirby’s wife, and the marriage between her and Mister Miracle happened within a year of her appearance.
- Scott Free’s successor as Mister Miracle has always meant to go to Shilo Norman, a young African-American boy who Barda and he took in when they first moved permanently to Earth and who was a major character in the original series.
- Roy Harper was Lian’s father for a lot longer than any time he was suffering from addiction more prominently. To say addiction is more important to his character than being a father is ridiculous nonsense.
- Cassandra moving to Hong Kong still makes no sense, Mr. Morrison, because she was never raised in that culture, with that language, or is even fully Chinese.
- And this is less canon so much as it’s fact, but the reasons for disposing of Sin are still bullshit.
- Rose Wilson is half Cambodian, even if numerous artists ignored this and drew her as “the whitest white girl to ever white.”
- Killing off Eddie Bloomberg before Rose had a chance to admit her feelings to him was bullshit.
- Not showing Rose’s reaction to Eddie’s death is also utter bullshit.
- Connor Hawke is 1/4 Black, 1/4 Korean and half white and is dark-skinned
- Dick Grayson is of mixed Romani descent thank you very much
- Damian is 1/4 Arabic and 1/4 Chinese
- Because the Kanes are a Jewish family, Bruce Wayne’s mother is Jewish, making Batman ethnically Jewish
- Jason Todd was not a bad Robin, and most of the times in canon he got angry as Robin was over violence against women
- Kyle Rayner’s father is Mexican
- Cassandra Cain was respected and beloved by the entire rest of the Batfamily. She was especially close to Babs, who was basically her adoptive mother, and was one of the few people who supported Steph as Spoiler most when she needed it.
1993 Print AD for CAPTAIN AMERICA AND THE AVENGERS video game
For the SEGA Genesis
Just because I love Sirius Black doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s a bit of an asshole
I don’t really understand how that is a question up for discussion on television news. I mean, even putting aside the gajillion ways that white people are privileged by, for instance, being able to think that whiteness is “normal,” studying world history from Eurocentric perspectives, and etc etc:
- Marijuana use is similar among black and white populations in the U.S., but young African Americans are more than THREE TIMES more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession or use than white Americans.
- Even after accounting for reasons like education disparity, geographical distribution, and occupation, there is a persistent wage gap: White people make are paid more than African Americans due to racial discrimination.
White privilege is a fact of every facet of American life. I realize I’m mostly preaching to the choir here, but this is not a political issue or a subject for debate. It is well-documented and irrefutable.
These dudes are fucking legit. They don’t just show up one day in court, either, they actually make friends with the kids and let them know they have a support system and that there are people in the world who care about them and will always have their back. And less important, but also cool, is that the few times a couple of them have come into my cafe, they’ve been super friendly and polite and when I told one of the guys that I noticed his Bikers Against Child Abuse patch and wanted him to know how awesome I thought he was because of it, he got kind of shy and blushed and said, “The kids are the awesome ones, we just let them know they’re allowed to be brave.”
Needs to be reblogged.
Hey, bikers are AWESOME.
These guys are amazing people.
“BACA Mission Statement
Bikers Against Child Abuse (BACA) exists with the intent to create a safer environment for abused children. We exist as a body of Bikers to empower children to not feel afraid of the world in which they live. We stand ready to lend support to our wounded friends by involving them with an established, united organization. We work in conjunction with local and state officials who are already in place to protect children. We desire to send a clear message to all involved with the abused child that this child is part of our organization, and that we are prepared to lend our physical and emotional support to them by affiliation, and our physical presence. We stand at the ready to shield these children from further abuse. We do not condone the use of violence or physical force in any manner, however, if circumstances arise such that we are the only obstacle preventing a child from further abuse, we stand ready to be that obstacle.”
what the actual fuck if cats aren’t born on drugs then i don’t even know
Nintendo Power #34 (Mar. 1992)
Art by Tamakichi Sakura
Words by Kentaro Takekuma
bare minimum? i thought you meant bear minimum. as in the smallest amount of bears possible. which is why i brought one bear. there’s one bear. aka. the smallest amount of bears possible. i mean this is a problem but at least it’s not like. bear maximum